Tuesday 31 December 2013

December 31 Granada

We made it to Granada but we still haven't found as nice an apartment as Dianne found for us in Avignon. Oh well mayby Sevilla. Hugh doesn't mind if I stand on his bed while I make my coffee first thing in the morning anyway. 


It's cold in Granada, that is snow in the Sierra Nevada.


We toured the Muslim quarter



Lots of cool colorfull shops.



We were strugling to walk up the hill when we saw this poor bus with 2 trailers then we didn't feel so bad.


Fall colors and snow in the mountains.



We are so good looking people stop us and as for our autographs, or could be something else we don't speak the language that well.


The three wise men on thier way to deliver presents.


Cool designs built right into the street.


Strange sounding drum thing.


The oldest university in Granada maintains some of the original aspects and coloring of the original building. The paint and detail are much better preserved than the Alhambra but not as big.






The Christmas market.


Pedal poweredcarrousel. 

Nothing say party like balloons.






















4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a great time. Have a Happy New Year.
    Terri & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the pictures. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Yolanda and Al! I've enjoyed reading about your travels and the great photos. You look like you are having fun. I've enjoyed the photos of Avigion and area. Thinking of you often. Jane H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, Happy New 2014!
      I have too been thinking of you and the rest of my friends at Vision. Did you see me dancing at the Pont d'Avignon? I hope you received my email so we can keep in touch as well. I've seen more braille in public displays in two languages at the time with no contractions, even in every product at the pharmacy or grocery. I think it's awesome.
      Take care and keep in touch.
      Yo.

      Delete